The study and practice of period acting styles and the research tools available to actors. Offerings might include Greek Golden Age, Italian Commedia dell’Arte, Elizabethan England, French Neoclassicsm, and Comedy of Manners.
- Adapt personal acting methods to encompass a wide range of stylistic theatrical demands.
- Develop a more comprehensive and applicable technique for physical and vocal characterization.
- Gain the ability to recognize, analyze, and master different acting styles.
- Develop ensemble and cooperative skills.
- Apply research and study of historical periods to presentation of scenes and monologues.