Introduction to modern directing theory and strategies, including script analysis, casting and rehearsal techniques, and direction of a one-act play for public performance.
- Learn and apply basic principles of directing.
- Establish an informed vocabulary of these principles to use while discussing the craft.
- Analyze a theatrical script from a director’s perspective.
- Formulate a clear director’s concept that promotes collaboration.
- Develop a personal process of approaching a production.
- Gain strategies to create a safe rehearsal environment.
- Develop professional and effective rehearsal technique.