Exploration and development of the actor’s physical expression for the stage. Includes: stage combat, mask work, physical conditioning, personal fitness, and other methodologies that can be applied to theatrical performances.
- Attain a deeper understanding of the particular physical self and define it theatrically.
- Develop a fuller, more powerful sense of space and the ability to affect space in performance.
- Gain a greater physical confidence to take action on stage.
- Break habitual patterns.
- Develop greater freedom in exploring extreme characterizations.
- Create a personal physical warm-up.
- Establish an informed vocabulary to critically assess movement technique.