Exploration of vocal production for the theatre using a variety of methods including articulation for the stage, developing character voices, and stage dialect.
- Become familiar with the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
- Address awareness of regionalism through use of IPA.
- Develop a complete voice and speech warm-up for the performer.
- Understand how to use the voice to support and enhance acting impulse through relaxation, release, exercise, and performance.
- Introduce the use of archetypes in vocal and character exploration.
- Introduce the use of dialects as means of character augmentation.
- Establish an informed vocabulary to critically assess vocal technique.