Training in the basic elements of the actor’s craft for those majoring in Theatre Arts or Vocal Performance. The course will explore the study and practice of basic principles of realistic acting as outlined by Stanislavski and others. The work will center on modern scene study, company cohesion, exercises, literature, and observation.
- Learn and apply basic principles of acting.
- Establish an informed vocabulary of these principles to use while discussing the craft.
- Develop a complete technical warm-up.
- Relaxation, focus, and trust within the studio setting.
- Develop a personal process of approaching a role.
- Analyze characters from dramatic literature from an actor’s perspective.
- Develop professional and effective rehearsal technique.